MAKES: Approximately 12-15 cakes
Equipment: Silicone oval savarin mould
120g Ground almonds
85g Icing sugar
20g Cocoa powder
85g Plain flour
240g Egg white
20g Dark chocolate
220g Butter (for beurre noisette)
24g Orange marmalade
- Place the butter into a saucepan and cook over a low hear stirring frequently until it becomes beurre noisette. Set aside to cool down to 40°C.
- Melt the dark chocolate to 40°C.
- Sieve together the icing sugar, cocoa powder and plain flour. Mix with the ground almonds.
- Mix together the dry ingredient and egg whites.
- Add butter and melted chocolate, then lastly add the marmalade.
- Place in a container in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
- To cook, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Fill the moulds two thirds full and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully before adding the ganache.
70g UHT cream
80g Dark chocolate
10g Unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1g Orange zest
- Boil together the cream and orange zest.
- Pour onto the chocolate, mix together.
- Add butter and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the centre of each cooled cake.