We have been making these for the business for many years and they are still a firm favourite with our customers. They are simple to make and very moreish!
Makes: Approximately 60 biscuits
370g Unsalted butter
200g Icing sugar
30g Egg yolks (2 eggs)
440g Plain flour
60g Cocoa powder
You will also need: Egg Whites, Granulated Sugar
- Sieve together the flour and cocoa powder.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Gradually add the egg yolks.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Divide into five 220g pieces and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Shape and roll into sticks approximately 25cm in length.
- Place onto a tray and rest for a further 1 hour in the fridge. If you don’t want to bake all of the biscuits, the rolled sticks can be stored in the freezer.
- Prepare a tray lined with non-stick paper.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of sugar onto a tray. Brush the sticks with egg white and roll into the sugar.
- Cut into approximately 1.5cm thick pieces. Place onto the tray slightly spaced apart as they spread out while baking.
- Bake at 170°C for 15-20 minutes approximately.
- Allow to cool.