Makes 4 Desserts
Other Ingredients: Crème Chantilly
You will need: 4 small glasses or bows to serve
- Boil together the sugar, water and vanilla to form a simple syrup.
- Carefully use a peeler to cut thin strips of rhubarb.
- Dip each rhubarb strip into the syrup and then lay flat on a tray lined with non stick paper or mat.
- Dry in a dehydrator or low temperature oven, then cut to size.
80g Rhubarb (cut into pieces)
- Boil together the sugar, water and vanilla to form a light syrup.
- Remove from the heat and add the rhubarb.
- Allow to cook in the hot syrup.
- Cool, then carefully strain.
White Chocolate and Ginger Panna Cotta
150g Whipping cream
50g White chocolate
10g Fresh Ginger (grated)
2 Gelatin leaves
- Place the milk whipping cream into a pan bring to the boil.
- Add in the ginger and allow to infuse overnight
- Place the gelatine into cold water and rehydrate.
- Strain and re-weight the cream. Boil the cream mixture with the sugar, take off the heat and add in the pre-soaked gelatine. Mix a third of the cream with the white chocolate until emulsified, then gradually add the rest.
- Allow to cool then mix well before setting.
50g Whole eggs
40g Caster sugar
60g Plain flour
2g Baking Powder
5g Ginger powder
40g Unsalted butter
30g Cocoa nibs (to decorate)
- Sieve together the flour, ginger and the baking powder.
- Melt the unsalted butter to 40°C.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar, then fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Add milk and honey, then the melted butter.
- Rest for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- To bake, lightly grease (or butter) the moulds.
- Pipe the Madelaine mix into the moulds and sprinkle with cocoa nibs.
- Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes approximately.
- Reserve four pieces of poached rhubarb for decoration and put aside. Place several pieces of the remaining poached rhubarb into the base of the serving dish.
- Pour the cooled panna cotta mixture carefully into each serving dish and place into the fridge for approximately 2 hours, until fully set.
- Decorate with Chantilly cream, a piece of poached rhubarb and a tuille to finish. Serve with freshly baked madelines.