Maple Mince Pie Truffles
Our favourite new Christmas chocolates are our Maple Mince Pie Truffles. We teamed up with Maple From Canada to create this seasonal special. Maple syrup is one of my favourite ingredients and I am already eating far too many of these!
½ stick cinnamon
1g grated nutmeg
2g fresh ginger
200g Infused Cream
250g Amedei Toscano 70% Dark Chocolate
40g Maple syrup
40g Unsalted Butter
400g Dark Chocolate
250g Neige Decor
- Wash the raisins, place in a container and pour the rum over them. Allow to soak for 24 hours. Roughly chop once fully soaked.
- Prepare the infusion. Put the cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil, add the spices. Then remove from the heat, cover and leave to infuse for 1 hour.
- Make the ganache. Strain the infused cream into a clean saucepan, add the maple syrup and bring to the boil.
- Put the chopped chocolate in a bowl. Pour the boiled cream over the chocolate and mix until emulsified and a ganache consistency is formed.
- Add the softened butter and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Combine the raisin and rum mixture with the ganache. Leave to set at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes.
- Pipe logs and allow to set for a further 15 minutes.
- Temper the dark chocolate and place the neige decor into a tray. Coat each truffle in chocolates and roll in the cocoa powder. Allow to set then sieve the excess neige decor.