Crisp pastry case filled with a raspberry jam and almond sponge
Makes Approximately 30 Tarts
Recipes: Sweet Pastry
Other Ingredients: Flaked Almonds, apricot nappage/jam
You will also need: 60mm Tartlet moulds
480g Plain flour
280g Unsalted butter
140g Caster sugar
- Chop the unsalted butter into cubes.
- Sieve the flour.
- Crumb together the flour and butter, to a sandy texture
- Add the caster sugar and salt, mix in.
- Beat the eggs then gradually add to the mixture, carefully mix in the sieved flour until it forms a smooth and homogenous mass.
- Place the pastry onto a floured tray, wrap with cling film and rest in the refrigerator for at least one hour before use.
250g Whole Raspberries
250g Raspberry Puree
50g Sugar for pectin
18g Pectin Jaune
15g Lemon juice
- In a thick bottomed pan pour in the raspberry puree whole raspberries and the 150gms of sugar
- Bring to the boil.
- Mix the 50g of sugar and the pectin together
- Whisk into the mixture
- Over a low heat continue to cook, stirring continuously until the mixture reaches 104°c
- Pour into a container or sterilized jar and allow to cool fully before use.
250g Unsalted butter
250g Caster sugar
250g Ground almonds
50g Plain flour (T55)
25g Dark Rum
- Sieve the flour
- Place the unsalted butter and icing sugar in a mixing bowl and cream together until light and aerated.
- Beat the eggs and gradually mix in.
- Mix in the ground almonds and dark rum
- Fold in the flour
To Assemble and Bake
- Roll out pastry to 3mm thick
- Line the tartlet cases and rest for one hour in the fridge
- Pipe 8-10gms jam into the base of the tartlet
- Pipe a bulb of almond cream on the top
- Generously sprinkle with flaked almonds
- Rest for 30 minutes
- Bake at 180°c for 20 minutes approximately
- Allow to cool and demould from the tartlet case